POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTALATE [PET]
Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products' stock shapes made of crystalline thermoplastic polyester, are marketed under the trade names ERTALYTE (virgin grade) and ERTALYTE TX (filled grade).
Photo: Piston and valves on liquid filling equipment machined from ERTALYTE
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and hardness
- Very good creep resistance
- Low and constant coefficient of friction
- Excellent wear resistance (comparable with or even better than nylon grades)
- Very good dimensional stability (better than polyacetal)
- Excellent stain resistance
- Better resistance to acids than nylon and polyacetal
- Good electrical insulating properties
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
- Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
Heavily loaded bearings (bushings, thrust washers, guides, etc.), dimensionally stable parts for mechanisms of precision (bushings, slideways, gears, rollers, pump components, etc.) and insulating components for electrical engineering.
ERTALYTE natural (white) / black [PET]
The specific properties of this virgin crystalline PET make it specially suitable for the manufacture of mechanical precision parts which have to sustain high loads and/or are subject to wear.
Delivery Programme: rod 10 - 210 mm, plate 2 - 100 mm, tube 20 - 200 mm
ERTALYTE TX (pale grey) [PET + solid lubricant]
ERTALYTE TX is a polyethylene terephtalate compound incorporating a uniformly dispersed solid lubricant. Its specific formulation yields a premium, internally lubricated bearing-grade.
ERTALYTE TX has not only an outstanding wear resistance, but offers in comparison with ERTALYTE an even lower coefficient of friction as well as higher Pressure-Velocity capabilities.
Delivery Programme: rod 10 - 200 mm, plate 8 - 100 mm, tube 20 - 200 mm
Ertalyte is a registered trademarks of Quadrant AG