Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products is marketing non-UV-stabilised polycarbonate stock shapes under the trade name PC 1000 (virgin grade). It is a "nonoptical" industrial quality.
- High mechanical strength
- Good creep resistance
- Very high impact strength, even at low temperatures
- Stiffness retention over a wide range of temperatures
- Very good dimensional stability (very low water absorption and low coefficient of linear thermal expansion)
- Natural colour (clear; translucent)
- Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties
- Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
Components for precision engineering, safety glazing, insulating parts for electrical engineering, parts in contact with foodstuffs, components for medical and pharmaceutical devices.
Delivery Programme: rod 6 - 200 mm, plate 15 - 50 mm