TECHTRON® HPV PPS
POLYPHENYLENE SULPHIDE (PPS)
TECHTRON HPV PPS is a reinforced, internally lubricated semi-crystalline polymer developed to close the gap both in performance and price between the standard thermoplastic materials (e.g. PA, POM, PET) and the high-end Advanced Engineering Plastic Products (PBI, PI, PAI, PEEK).
Photo: Solvent extractor conveyor bushings machined in TECHTRON HPV PPS
- Very high maximum allowable service temperature in air (220°C continuously going up to 260°C for short periods of time)
- High mechanical strength, stiffness and hardness, also at elevated temperatures - Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance
- Excellent wear & frictional behaviour
- Very good dimensional stability
- Excellent resistance to high energy radiation (gamma- and X-rays)
- Good UV-resistance
- Inherent low flammability
- Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties
Solvent extractor conveyor bushings, insulating printer bearings
TECHTRON HPV PPS (deep blue) (PPS)
TECHTRON HPV PPS demonstrates an excellent combination of properties including wear resistance, load-bearing capabilities and dimensional stability when exposed to chemicals and high temperature environments. TECHTRON HPV PPS finds its applications where PA, POM, PET, PEI (now Duratron PEI) and PSU fall short or where PI, PEEK and PAI are over-engineered and a more economical solution must be found.
Thanks to the uniformly dispersed internal lubricant, TECHTRON HPV PPS exhibits excellent wear resistance and a low coefficient of friction. It overcomes the disadvantages of virgin PPS caused by a high coefficient of friction, and of glass fibre reinforced PPS which causes premature wear of the counter face in moving-part applications. It goes without saying that these features, in combination with its excellent chemical resistance, offer numerous application possibilities for TECHTRON HPV PPS in all kinds of industrial equipment such as industrial drying and food processing ovens, chemical process equipment and electrical insulating systems.
Delivery Programme: rod 8 - 100 mm, plate 5 - 100 mm, tube 50 - 200 mm
Techtron is a registered trademarks of Quadrant AG